China’s online population is more than 730 million people, producing an e-commerce market almost as big as the US and EU combined. This has created unprecedented opportunities for both small and large companies across the world. Chinese digital marketing.However, creating an effective online marketing strategy in China has its own unique challenges to overcome, for example: Chinese digital marketing
- China has its own online ecosystem, with the likes of global giants such as Google and Facebook not even on the day-to-day radars of users compared to the Chinese market leaders, and each service has its own distinctive features and characteristics
- Understanding the role each online platform plays in the consumer’s decision making process
- Hosting websites outside of the mainland can make the loading times extremely slow especially if using Google fonts and templates
- Fundamental differences between Google and Baidu SEO practices
- Publishing online requires an Internet Content Provider (ICP) license
Companies cannot apply current practices and strategies used in western markets so they must adapt their approach to suit the Chinese market. But operating in China’s online ecosystem is highly complex and time consuming, especially when complicated by language barriers and cultural differences. Connexus Seres Consulting 凯那瑞 enables companies to maximise their online potential by developing a strong online presence and tailored marketing strategy that attracts, excites and engages Chinese consumers. Click here to learn about our approach. Chinese digital marketing.
Want to improve your reputation and exposure by creating a strong online presence? But need a guide to help you navigate through China’s challenging digital landscape? Then contact us today for a free consultation.