Mandarin is the most commonly spoken language in the world, with over 850 million speakers and is the first obstacle to overcome when arriving in mainland China. Hiring the right interpreter is the key to effective communication and, ultimately, the success of your business endeavours. Chinese interpreting
However, this vital process is often underestimated – both in its importance and complexity – with many companies making costly mistakes as a result. Here are some common mistakes to avoid:
- Using an untrained bilingual speaker – Without the benefits of dedicated interpretation training, bilingual speakers can often suffer from difficulties with word retention, maintaining the nuances within a translation, speed and ensuring all the vital information is communicated. Chinese interpreting
- Relying on your Chinese counterpart to provide an interpreter – As an employee they are, unsurprisingly, likely to act with loyalty towards your opposite number and do not act in your best interests. Chinese interpreting
- Not vetting potential interpreters – Taking the time to speak over the phone with an interpreter gives you time to verify and assess their capabilities.
- Hiring non-natives – Even interpreters from regions such as Hong Kong or Taiwan are not equipped to navigate the unique social, economic and political environment in mainland China.
With such a vast and complex language barrier to contend with, finding the right interpreter can be a daunting task. By providing a reliable team of professional interpreters, we are out to change that, giving every client the support they need to achieve their business goals. We only employ interpreters who have: Chinese interpretation
- Degrees in English from China’s most prestigious universities (Zhejiang, Beijing, Qinghua, Nanjing and Shanghai Jiaotong)
- At least three years’ professional interpretation experience in a wide range of settings and industries
- High levels of cultural literacy so they can coach and guide clients on Chinese business culture and etiquette
- Maturity and emotional intelligence to deal with delicate situations and sensitive subjects
We take a consultative approach with every client by providing them with an interpreter whose knowledge and experience matches their requirements. Click here top find out more about our approach. Chinese interpreting
If your company needs a professional interpreter to help facilitate any business meetings, negotiations, presentations, marketing events, factory tours, site visits or conferences then contact us here for a free quote.